Need to know
Important information to keep in mind before you start with your new project
- All surfaces must be clean, sound & dry.
- Remove all loose flakes and apply PlasterSeal, PlasterPrime or WallPrime to obtain a stable surface.
- Smooth out imperfections with Skim and repair cracks with Fill. To stabilise chalky surfaces, apply PlasterSeal, PlasterPrime or WallPrime.
- Previously painted sound surfaces can be washed with sugar soap and rinsed thoroughly with clean water.
- To ease application, sand previously painted stable surfaces.
- For water damaged, porous and alkaline surfaces, apply PlasterSeal, PlasterPrime, WallPrime or DampCure to stabilise surface.
- Remove rust from mild steel and galvanized substrates. Apply HydroEtch or AllPrime to stabilise surface. If rust cannot be removed completely, spot prime with a rust converter before applying HydroEtch, AllPrime or MSPrime.
- Before recoating, sand previously varnished surfaces well to remove mirror-like image to a flat film.
- Apply WoodPrime to all new or weathered wood surfaces before recoating with top coat.
- Avoid painting in moist/humid conditions. To allow applied paint to cure, there should be no rain forecast for at least 7 days.
- Do not paint over surfaces with moisture content above 15%. Ideal level 5% or less.
- Stir paint well with a flat paddle.
- Avoid painting in moist / humid conditions.
- Ideal application conditions and surface temperature should be between: 10 oC – 35 oC with a relative humidity of less than 75%. It is not recommended to paint in direct sunlight as this will result in the paint drying to fast leading to visible “lap-marks”. Windy conditions might have a similar effect and can cause a deposit of dust particles on the wet paint.
- To ensure colour– and sheen level consistency, purchase from the same production batch of paint.
- Tint bases contain fewer litres than advertised until tinted.
- Spreading rates are theoretical and based on smooth / flat surfaces.
- Do not wash or abrade newly painted surfaces until properly cured.
- Allow 7 days for paint to dry properly and 30 days to reach full strength.
- Store paint in a cool, dry place.
Health & Safety
- Keep out of children’s reach.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during any application.
- Ensure appropriate ventilation during application and drying.
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Wear protective equipment during preparation, application and cleaning.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- In case of contact, seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact with skin. In case of contact, clean with appropriate solvent.
- If skin irritation occurs, seek medical advice.